LinkedIn’s New Jobs and Hiring Features Creates Better Matches
LinkedIn announces new instant job alerts and new Recruiter and Jobs
Today, we announced several new jobs and hiring features, including new Instant Job Alerts, which is making finding the right jobs simpler, and the availability of our new Recruiter and Jobs platform, which is making it more efficient for hiring managers to hire quality candidates.
Having grown from 300,000 to 20+ million job postings in the past five years, we are seeing members apply to around 25 million jobs every week, with a new hire made every 8 seconds. For the 5th consecutive quarter, we’re also seeing record levels of engagement in the feed, content shared across the platform, and messages sent, and more than ever before, members are using the platform to apply and land the right job for them.
We’re evolving our products to make it as simple as possible as possible for both job-seekers and hiring managers. Here’s how:
What’s new for job-seekers?
- New instant job alerts: Job seekers who are among the first 25 applicants are up to 3X more likely to land the job and we want to make sure you see the jobs you want the minute their posted. Our redesigned job alerts will send members a notification within minutes when job that meets their criteria or experience is posted to give them the best chance of getting the job.
- Jobs Home Redesign: We know more than half of job seekers are on mobile, so we’ve optimized jobs search to meet that need. The redesigned jobs homepage streamlines LinkedIn Jobs into a single search and scrolling model making it easier to find, review and apply the jobs that are right for you. Need to break from your search? We’ll now automatically save your search and you can dive right back in with a single click or tap on Jobs home.
- Unlocked Salary Insights on Jobs: Previously a Premium feature, all LinkedIn members can now view salaries on LinkedIn Job postings. No need to submit your salary first, unless you want personalized insights about jobs that might pay you more.
- Launching soon! Skill Assessments: Skill assessments give members the ability to assess, validate, and showcase their skills to more effectively stand out. They will also serve as a tool for recruiters and hiring managers to reliably vet candidates.
What’s new for hiring managers?
- New Recruiter and Jobs: We’re making our core talent products even smarter. This launch brings together LinkedIn Jobs, Recruiter, and Pipeline Builder into a single platform, that is simplified and more intelligent.
- Screening questions: With screening questions, hiring managers can collect yes/no information about applicants to review with a clear understanding of your needs, like if you’re comfortable with the commute or confirming your education level. This also helps recruiters and job seekers more quickly know if they’re a fit.
For more on these updates, visit the LinkedIn Talent Blog
For images, download here