LinkedIn goes mobile in Turkish
Istanbul – December 12, 2012 – LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with more than 187 million members worldwide, including more than one million in Turkey, today announced the launch of the LinkedIn app for iPhone and iPad in Turkish. The localized apps make it even easier to connect with other Turkish professionals on the go. Turkey was also today revealed to be the fastest-growing market for LinkedIn, in terms of membership, growing 97 percent in the past 12 months.
“Today, the professional workforce is a mobile workforce. These localized apps provide important intelligence on the go that will help Turkish mobile professionals be better prepared and empowered to make smarter business decisions whenever and wherever they may be working,” said Fredrik Bernsel, Commercial Director, Partnerships, EMEA.
“We built the iOS LinkedIn experience around the unique and specific ways that people are using the different mobile devices for professional purposes. Turkish professionals are now one swipe away from the necessary tools and information to be more productive and successful - wherever they work,” said Fredrik Bernsel.
The mobile platform on LinkedIn is the fastest-growing consumer service at LinkedIn, with 25 percent of LinkedIn’s traffic coming from mobile. Since Turkey is LinkedIn’s fastest-growing market in Europe in terms of membership, local language versions of LinkedIn’s iPhone and iPad apps signal positive news for upwardly-mobile Turkish professionals.
LinkedIn on iPad includes:
- All Updates: Get a snapshot of your professional updates, news and information, all in one place
- You: Access your profile, connections and activity dashboard with a quick swipe
- Inbox: Send and receive your LinkedIn invitations and messages in one place
- Notifications and Company Pages: Also available on iPad!
LinkedIn on iPhone includes:
- Get notified: We will keep you notified in real-time when someone likes what you’ve shared on LinkedIn, views your profile, accepts your invitation, and much more.
- Company pages goes mobile: Find out which connections work at the companies you care about, see recent news and updates from the company, and learn about current job openings.
- Don’t want your employer to know you’re looking? We’ve recently added access to job listings and jobs you may be interested in directly within your mobile update stream.
You can download the Turkish iPad and iPhone applications at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/linkedin/id288429040?mt=8
Founded in 2003, LinkedIn connects the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. With more than 187 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the Internet. The company has a diversified business model with revenues coming from its talent solutions, marketing solutions and premium subscriptions businesses. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, LinkedIn has offices across the globe.