LinkedIn reaches 10 million members in India
Mumbai, India – June 20, 2011 – LinkedIn (NYSE:LNKD), the world’s largest professional network, announced today that more than ten million professionals now use the platform in India. Globally, LinkedIn has over 100 million professionals and continues to develop tools to help them become productive and successful. LinkedIn started its India operations in 2009 and a major part of the first year was dedicated to understanding professionals in India and educating members to leverage LinkedIn for career development. LinkedIn India also established a local leadership team to drive the company’s Marketing Solutions and Corporate Solutions businesses.
“We have focused our efforts on creating a great user experience for our members, which helps them understand the power of their professional network in developing their own professional brand.,” said Hari V. Krishnan, country manager of LinkedIn India. “As our members here continue to use LinkedIn for everything, from networking and gaining business insights to business development & jobs, we are committed to being the exchange which connects talent to opportunity in India.”
Members of LinkedIn India are using Answers, Groups and Polls to engage, collaborate and even grow business opportunities across the LinkedIn network. A number of brands in India, including Volkswagen, Jet Airways, CNN, ICICI Lombard and HopSim, see value in LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions to target advertising campaigns at professionals across the board and build conversations about their brands with measurable and focused results. LinkedIn’s suite of Corporate Solutions have helped recruiters from blue chip companies like ING Vysya Bank, Genpact and HCL reduce cost and time per hire in identifying and recruiting some of India’s best talent.
LinkedIn India is headquartered in Mumbai with offices in Gurgaon and Bengaluru.
Some interesting statistics about LinkedIn members in India:
- Top 10 surnames on LinkedIn include are Kumar, Singh, Sharma, Gupta, Jain, Shah, Patel, Mishra, Reddy and Yadav
- Top 10 industries on LinkedIn are Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Education Management, Banking, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics and Accounting
- 16105 professionals listed the term ‘social media’ in their profiles
- 19027 people in Indian listed ‘bollywood’, ‘hollywood’ or ‘film’ in their LinkedIn profile
- 762 Indian professionals listed 'yoga' and 2587 professionals listed ‘ayurveda’ in their job title
- 4% of members in India put the word 'owner' in their title
Founded in 2003, LinkedIn connects the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. With more than 100 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the Internet. The company has a diversified business model with revenues coming from member subscriptions, marketing solutions and hiring solutions. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, LinkedIn also has offices across North America, as well as throughout Europe and Asia and in India and Australia.