LinkedIn Launches New Tools to Boost HR Professionals’ Efficiency as Responses to Job Postings Double in Challenging Economy
Mountain View — February 2, 2009 — LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with more than 35 million members, today announced LinkedIn Talent Advantage, an exclusive suite of solutions for recruiters. The newest feature of Talent Advantage is a “viewer-aware” hiring technology called LinkedIn Custom Company Profiles, designed to help companies present information that is relevant based on a job-seeker’s function, industry, location, etc.
LinkedIn saw responses to job postings on the professional network double over the last six months, resulting in more resumes for recruiters to sift through and more candidates to qualify. Yet, the best employee for the job may not be actively looking. LinkedIn Talent Advantage helps HR teams efficiently find the best talent to fill open positions, a growing challenge given HR resource constraints and the cost of making a bad hire.
“LinkedIn Talent Advantage lets recruiters unlock the power of LinkedIn’s extensive professional network so they can uncover quality passive candidates who are unlikely to be on traditional job boards,” said Francois Dufour, LinkedIn’s Senior Director of Enterprise Marketing. “Over 900 leading companies already depend on LinkedIn’s recruiting solutions. The hiring market has changed, and the new LinkedIn Talent Advantage is a game-changer for the human resources community.” LinkedIn Talent Advantage now includes:
- LinkedIn® Recruiter™: an exclusive tool for corporate recruiters to source top passive talent, with extended search, full profile viewing, direct messaging and team collaboration tools
- LinkedIn® Jobs Network™: job postings on LinkedIn that deliver precise targeting, candidate match recommendations and viral distribution of job postings throughout the network
- LinkedIn® Talent Direct™: InMail campaigns to reach more potential candidates faster and more precisely
- LinkedIn® Employer Advertising™: advertising on LinkedIn’s uncluttered environment that can be targeted to specific groups of professionals
- NEW LinkedIn® Custom Company Profiles™: rich and extensible company profile with viewer-aware information that can adapt to the viewer’s location, industry, function, etc. to build an employment brand
Company Profiles have been available on LinkedIn since early 2008. Now LinkedIn Custom Company Profiles allow companies and recruiters to develop their employer brand and uniquely inform and engage high value candidates with content specifically designed for particular profiles. For example, viewers of a LinkedIn Custom Company Profile have the opportunity to discover:
- Recruitment messaging that helps HR teams appeal to candidates on a personal level Employee spotlights that introduce ”birds of a feather” peers
- Interactive polling that engages viewers on the page
- Video clips that showcase corporate culture
- Recruiter Profiles and Career Page links that make it easy for interested candidates take action
- Jobs with “company insider” information that show how a job seeker is connected with the company and the job poster
In addition to adding LinkedIn Custom Company Profiles to the LinkedIn Talent Advantage suite of solutions, LinkedIn has also improved LinkedIn Recruiter and LinkedIn Jobs Network, which now includes LinkedIn Talent Match, a proprietary technology that automatically recommends talent matches for job postings. It also includes “Super Viral” forwarding that makes it easier (just two clicks) to forward jobs to people who would be interested or would know a good fit for the open position. Visit LinkedIn Talent Advantage to find out more information about how LinkedIn can help your organization cost-effectively find and hire senior and hard to fill positions.
LinkedIn takes your personal business network online, giving you access to people, jobs and opportunities like never before. Built upon trusted connections and relationships, LinkedIn has established the world’s largest and most powerful business network. Currently, over 35 million professionals are on LinkedIn, representing all five hundred of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as a wide range of household names in technology, financial services, media, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, fashion, and numerous other industries. LinkedIn is backed by world-class investors including Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, the European Founders Fund, Bessemer Venture Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Goldman Sachs, The McGraw-Hill Companies, and SAP Ventures.