Sponsor. Sponsor of this promotion is LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 West Maude Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94085.
No Purchase Necessary and Void Where Prohibited; Entry Instructions. No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning. Void where prohibited and where translation, localization and/or bonding required.
To enter the Awards, current LinkedIn members meeting the eligibility requirements in Section 4 can submit an entry by using the LinkedIn Video feature to post a video on LinkedIn explaining why they should win the LinkedIn Compassion Award (“Award”) (see selection criteria in Section 5). The post must be visible to everyone on LinkedIn. The post must include the hashtag #LinkedInCompassionAward. There is a limit of one entry per individual. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. In the event of any ongoing dispute as to the identity of entrant, Sponsor has the right to determine the identity of entrant in its sole discretion. For additional guidance on how to share a video, please see here.
All entries must meet the following criteria:
• Your entry must not contain confidential information of any entity or individual;
• Your entry must be original, exclusively created and owned by entrant, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry. This includes getting all necessary permissions from any person or company that has rights or appears in the entry, including for any third party’s intellectual property right or right of privacy or publicity;
• Your entry must not have been previously publicly available;
• Your entry must respect the LinkedIn User Agreement and LinkedIn Professional Community Guidelines;
• Your entry must be submitted in English;
Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason. The Official Rules of this promotion will be sent free of charge to any person who requests it. The Official Rules are subject to change at any time, and Sponsor has the right to cancel, suspend or modify the promotion at any time.
• Entry Period. All entries must be received between 6:00 am Pacific Time on Thursday, May 16th, 2019 and 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 28th, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). This is a contest of skill. Odds of winning the promotion depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Entry Period.
• Eligibility. In order to be eligible, each entrant must be (i) at least 18 years old and the age of majority in entrant’s jurisdiction of residence, and (ii) a LinkedIn member at the time of submitting an entry form with a LinkedIn profile complete with photo, current or most recent position, and minimum of 30 connections. Entrants may not be a resident of Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Libya, or Somalia, or a person (or an employee of an entity) entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions. Employees of Sponsor its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
• Winner Selection. Judging will take place during the period of May 16, 2019 to May 30, 2019. Sponsor and a panel of judges will select a Winner based on the following criteria:
• Cultivating exceptional compassion
• Scalability - how would winning the grand prize award allow you to scale your efforts to bring more compassion to the world?
• Potential for LinkedIn to facilitate additional advances in compassion
Sponsor will announce Top 10 Finalists on LinkedIn on or about Monday, June 3, 2019 by tagging Finalists in a post, which will also have the hashtag #LinkedInCompassionAward Sponsor will also notify Top 10 Finalists by LinkedIn InMail on or about Monday, June 3, 2019. The final four winners will be announced on LinkedIn on or about Monday, June 10, 2019. Sponsor will also notify final four winners by LinkedIn InMail on or about Monday, June 10, 2019.
The grand prize winner will be announced live at the Compassion in Leadership Summit on Thursday, June 27, 2019. The grand prize winner will also be announced on LinkedIn on Thursday, June 27, 2019.
The final four winners must respond to the InMail notification within 72 hours of it being sent confirming his or her acceptance of the prize and ability to attend the Compassion in Leadership Summit in Mountain View, CA on June 26-27, 2019. Should the Winner fail to do so, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that Winner and select a new one. Sponsor’s decision regarding the selection or disqualification of the Winner is final. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, technical difficulties associated therewith, or the Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email or other account.
• Prize. The first-place winner will receive $100,000 USD and the three (3) runner-up winners will receive $10,000 USD (taxes applicable), provided to Winners by August 1, 2019.
The four (4) Winners will also receive: (1) round-trip economy coach-class air transportation from the major commercial airport closest to Winner’s residence to Mountain View, California, (2) a two-day pass to the Compassion in Leadership Summit on July 26- 27, 2019, and (3) standard accommodation for Winners at a hotel selected by Sponsor for two nights. Attendance at the Summit is optional and receipt of the cash prize is not contingent on Winners’ ability or willingness to travel.
The top 50 entrants will receive a 6 month subscription to LinkedIn Premium, which includes LinkedIn Learning, which Sponsor will provide by sending an InMail containing the redemption code.
Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor. Sponsor currently plans for the trip to Mountain View, CA to take place on or about July 25 - July 27, 2019, although the dates are subject to change. If winner cannot travel on the dates specified, the travel portion of the prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements must be made through a travel agent selected by Sponsor. If a winner lives within a 200-mile radius of Mountain View, California, prize will not include the air-transportation portion of the prize. Winner must have all necessary identifications and permissions to travel. Winner will be responsible for all gratuities, meals, beverages, ground transportation, taxes, and any other incidental costs or expenses not identified in these rules. Selection of airline, hotel and concert seat location is solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Winner must abide by all venue, airline and hotel policies. Sponsor reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner who they or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue, hotel or airline policy or law, or may bring Sponsor into disrepute. Winner will be required to provide a credit card to hotel to cover incidentals, which are not included in prize package. All travel subject to availability and restrictions. Winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. government issued passport or a valid state-issued driver’s license, as applicable) required for travel. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip. Sponsor is not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay. Sponsor is not responsible and will have no liability if the winner is for any reason not permitted to travel by the relevant airport authorities or misses a flight or other travel element. Resale of ticket is prohibited. TAXES RELATED TO THE PRIZE ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All tickets and accommodations are subject to the vagaries of schedule variation, work stoppages, and schedule changes.
The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash or any other form of credit. LinkedIn reserves the right to substitute the prize for something of equal or greater value, including if the transfer of money is not allowed in Winner’s jurisdiction of residence.
• Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE NOMINATION PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. WINNER MUST BE AWARE THAT USE OF THE TRAVEL PRIZE CAN BE HAZARDOUS AND CAN PRESENT UNUSUAL RISKS OF DEATH, SERIOUS ILLNESS AND INJURY, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE. WINNER PARTICIPATES IN USE OF THE PRIZE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED AND AGREES TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF DEATH, SERIOUS ILLNESS AND INJURY, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the promotion.
• Governing Law; Disputes. THE PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
Winners' List. Individuals can check the announcement posted on : https://news.linkedin.com/compassionaward